Friday 21 November 2014

Shoot 1

For my first time in the studio within this brief I decided to set up quite natural lighting using no colour filters, as I wanted to become more comfortable in the studio working at a fast pace and finding out what type of portraits I would like to create. For this shoot I used the new Phase 1 camera - which I did not feel comfortable using as it was so expensive (I did not trust myself with it) and also really heavy. However I found the camera was extremely easy to use with the auto focus and amazing shutter speed - the camera created extremely intense close ups which I found quite mind blowing.
For this shoot I used one light in front of the subject to light the left side slightly more as you can see from the test shot above that the reflection of light in his glasses.

For this shoot I didn't want to use colour filters as I wanted to play around with photoshop and see what effects colour backgrounds have and also just to get the chance to teach myself more techniques on the software.




Above is three of the same photograph I took while shooting in the studio - I have not used any colour filters at all. I just used only photoshop playing around with hues and saturation to create different atmospheres. As you can see each image looks completely different - the first one creating a serious atmosphere with the dark greys contrasting with the straight facial expression. However the photo becomes more warm with the colour in the subjects cheeks, especially in comparison to the second image which creates a really cold yet authorative atmosphere.
The last image I used the warmer yellow tones, to create a more positive mood however I found that it doesn't match the subjects expression as it is very straight and sort of emotionless.
For me personally I feel like the first image is the strongest in terms of harmonous colour and also fits best with her orange top and facial expression.



No comments:

Post a Comment