Thursday 16 January 2014

Informal Portraits

Quoted from The Photographers hand book. I found this relevant to my personal project and my aims- As I would love the viewer to look at my final images and see the development from beginning stages of shooting and compare them. I also have decided to shoot my final photos outside, as I think the outdoor lighting is more natural to studio lighting. I will be working close-up focusing on the subjects faces.

'Informal portraiture away from the studio allows you great scope for adding touches of local environment. At the same time you cannot afford to be quite so concerned with details of lighting and composition. You must choose the moment that captures expression and momentary pose together.
Be prepared to make rapid decisions on the use of existing shapes and lighting to form an image which is interesting and strong. This usually involves compromise relative to the controls you would normally exercise in the photographic studio. Sometimes by working in close-up and using existing light it is possible to result similar to studio conditions, but with the bonus that the sitter is more relaxed.'

No comments:

Post a Comment