Sunday 5 January 2014

Conveying Personality

Lately I have been reading a lot into other photographer's aims and emotions whilst working. Mainly because I want to see how other photographers work, particularly in Portraiture. This is because I want to convey deeper meanings or emotions in my own photographs.
Ive been reading a book called 'The Photographer's Handbook', I started by looking at Expression in Portraiture which made me realise an interesting or characteristic expression is essential to a good portrait. Also depth of field and lighting allows the model to have reasonable flexibility of movement (you can keep the camera on the tripod), Then also I can use a long cable release, and carry on a natural conversation.
One thing I have realised whilst reading into portraiture is that I think it has helped me to gain confidence - because it is vital to be interested in the person and also know how to respond to people as well as the understanding of the inhibitions which the camera may compose.

No comments:

Post a Comment