Friday 17 January 2014

FILL-IN FLASH EVALUATION

So here is my final fill-in flash photograph! I took the photograph in Greatham Woods, Hartlepool of my friend Steph. I printed 20x24inch which was a "Light Jet" photographic digital print. After using the fill-in flash for the first time I fell in love, I love how the flash illuminates the background.. Its fascinating how much of a difference the fill-in flash has to a photograph without a flash.
I have decided on this particular photograph as my final photo, mainly because of her facial expression.. this creates a distant look as if she is deep in thought about something. It sort of reminds me of a film noir style (especially after I edited it black and white), I also love the natural lighting which you can see on the side of her face, this just adds extra contrast to the photograph as well as the fill-in flash.
I decided to edit the photograph black and white using photoshop because I feel the image became a lot stronger and also makes the viewer be less distracted by colour.
I love the trees in the background I think it creates a really mystical mood to the photograph, and helps to make the subject become the focal point of the shot.
Whilst using the fill-in flash I have developed confidence working outdoors and also with people, I have been able to demonstrate the ability to experiment with a range of equipment and manage my own work properly which has enabled me to become a lot more independent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment