Friday 15 May 2015

Major Project

For my Major Project I intend to carry out an outdoor independent investigation into the intensity of colour in photographic images. This proposal project will endeavour to evoke an emotional response from viewers to the colour intensity of the images.
This Major independent study is a natural progression from my minor project which I investigated digital portraits using colour backgrounds inside a studio.
I have chosen to expand my skills and knowledge of photography by taking photographic images outdoors. I intend to gather my final body of work by travelling to Berlin and Paris where I will photograph and document these new environments in order to explore and understand the social implications of outdoor photography in other parts of our world. I am to challenge my photography skills and abilities by capturing images that I am experiencing for the first time in an unknown destination with unpredictable weather conditions in order to gain an in-depth understanding of the importance of documentary images from an unknown environment.
The challenge will allow me to gain an insight into the critical issues and difficulties you face as a photographer, However, it will also promote my confidence and independence as a photographer.
As a final result of the project I intend to produce a series of prints as well as a book that will portray my travel journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment