Monday 18 May 2015

Final printing images






Here are my final 5 photographs which will be printed on A3 glossy paper. Although I did travel to Paris as well as Berlin, I have decided to use these 5 photographs of Berlin Wall as my final 5 prints. ( I have still included images from paris in my travelling book), the reason I have decided on these five photographs is because of the use of colour in particular and how good they all look together as a set. These photographs are all took of or around the Berlin Wall, therefore the images as a collective tell a story.
Looking into the historical context of Berlin I found out some quite amazing and interesting information, which has enabled me as a photographer to appreciate what I actually am documenting and how much something can mean to a country as a whole. 
By this I mean the Berlin Wall was a wall that was basically separating the Eastern side of Berlin from the West side. By this I mean the East side was controlled by the German Democratic and the West side was controlled by France, Great Britain and America. The wall was basically a symbol of hostility which is a representation of what was called the 'iron curtain;.
Families were torn apart whilst this wall was up, and people lost lives and it took a lot of time for the Berlin to actually be recognised as a country once again.
The battle of freedom lasted all the way to 1989 when it was official that the wall was coming down. 
After the fall of the wall, the wall was basically a playground for artists, not only are the walls painted with bright capturing colours, but also a deep dark meaning lies beneath each painting, known as 'graffiti'.

No comments:

Post a Comment