Monday 18 May 2015

Conclusion

For my major project I decided to travel to Berlin and Paris to take photographs. During my journey I learnt quite a lot about myself as a photographer that I didn't know before.
Being away from home and travelling with just one other person, has helped me grow in terms of being more independent and confident.
As a photographer I have learnt how to plan and prepare myself for mistakes that can be made whilst being somewhere unknown to home.
The reason I chose this as my project topic was basically simple, I like travelling to new destinations and I like enhancing my photographs in a painterly style.
New york was the location where I realised that I like documenting and exploring new places, My personal emotional passion/attachment began when I travelled to my Hostel in New York by taxi, I instantly wanted to document this new place. The Architecture and sheer size of the monuments and buildings are so overwhelming and fascinating to me.
Since I have been to New York I have taken thousands of outdoor images in England, Italy, Spain, Holland and now Germany and France. I intend to strive and continue my travelling journeys and pushing myself to create new styles and books.
I always enjoy developing my work after I have been to the destination, when I was creating my book online I felt as if I was reliving being there at them moments. The development of my book and final prints show a reflection of how I was feeling during the making of it. It reminds me of a roller coaster, in slow motion passing through tunnels, whizzing down banks, swaying left, then right, being scared, then laughing.
In fact the whole array of emotions, which I hope, the viewers can experience when they look at my images. Every time I re-visit my past travelling photographs it takes me back to that particular moment through the happiness and the sadness in fleeting moments captured by me visually on camera. This is the power of photography in invoking real feelings and this is why I chose photography as a pathway to my future career.




No comments:

Post a Comment