Wednesday 14 May 2014

Shooting Nan Goldin

I decided to shoot the photograph at home, as I had a window similar to the one in her photograph..
I thought the best camera to use Canon 5D, with a flash also to create similar lighting to Nan's self-portrait.

I had a wig similar to Nan's own hair, although it was red I knew it would be easy to edit on photoshop. I used a sheet for the darker part of the image.
I tried to get into character by reading books about her and watching documentaries, I wanted to portray the emotions she does on the image- a look of pain, uncomfortableness, almost asking for  help.
Overall I was quite satisfied with the lighting, I felt that using photoshop would help me include the finishing touches and green lighting techniques.
Above I edited my left eye by using the smudge tool, to make it look as if my eye was bleeding..
my sister Sherilyn helped me with the make-up to get the same look as Nan herself.

Things to edit:
Green lighting
Hair colour
Eliminate curtain tie
Facial colour

No comments:

Post a Comment