Wednesday 14 May 2014

Getting into character

For my Iconic photo shoot of Twiggy I have decided to use the Hasselblad camera, because I feel that it captures a more close up intricate detail shot which would be ideal for a close-up of Twiggy's face..
Below is the chosen image I am going to replicate:



To recreate an image the lighting is particularly important, as you can see the light is shining on her left cheek(shooting perspective), which is creating a shadow on her right cheek. The background also is bleached out with a slight tint. I need to pay particular attention to her composition also as quite a lot of her photographic stereotype is central.
I then began to watch make-up tutorials on youtube, to get the right sixties look I needed to portray.. the link below shows how Twiggy herself created her look, It was extremely helpful..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DHJFhnSwyE

Here is a quick snapshot I took of myself after creating the sixties make-up look, I was quite pleased as it was quite difficult to do..


No comments:

Post a Comment