Wednesday 14 May 2014

NAN GOLDIN

http://beta.videos.sapo.pt/Ystuom59225zPJLZrmp7

The above link is a Documentary about Nan Goldin called "I'll be your Mirror", we watched the video during lesson. The Documentary is about the well-known photographer 'Nan Goldin', and her life.
I am going to recreate one of her images as my Villain. The film is a very personal journey through Nan's life and career- both very much entwined. She is narrating throughout the Documentary, as she interviews friends and explains the intimacy of her photos. I have never been so amazed by a Photographers work until I watched this Documentary although it made me very emotional to watch it. Her work is almost an attempt to capture and save the people she loves. Goldin's upbringing was shattered by the suicide of her older sister, this could explain why she lived her youth the way she did..
Her photographer portray a sense of energy - with the highs of life and the emptiness of death. Although her photographs are in the past, they still seem full of life and real - this is what I like about her work. A sense of meaning, a sense of living on the edge and a sense of realism.









No comments:

Post a Comment