Wednesday 14 May 2014

Icons of Fashion

Whilst writing my Contextual Studies essay about the 1960's, I took a great interest in the styles of fashion and famous models around that time. I really enjoyed researching and reading about the youth-oriented pop culture and English fashion scenes, which flourished in swinging London throughout the 1960's. I think the main reason why I took such a big interest was because of the dramatic change from the previous decade- The Beatles appeared with 'unmanly' long hair, whilst women cut their hair short. The 60's was more about fun, with extreme youthfulness.. reading about this particular decade makes me feel like I slightly missed out, I get a sense of excitement reading about how Mary Quant's new invention of mini-skirts and the newly considered attractive appearance for women.

No comments:

Post a Comment