Wednesday 14 May 2014

Leslie Hornby

Leslie Hornby known as 'Twiggy', was discovered at the age of 17. She was known for her endlessly long, stock legs, a high pale forehead and her innocent Bambi eyes. Twiggy dressed im Quant's shifts and minis. Twiggy's size was not only most young girl's dream, but also their trauma - many girl's started dieting and trying to be like their idol. Twiggy was the first fashion model to achieve international fame, with a childlike innocent look that everyone wanted to look like.
I have decide I am going to replicate one of her famous images as my 'Iconic/Hero' photograph, I would have probably been one of the young girls in the 60's who looked up to her style, way of working and her confidence to break out new styles.
I think its essential to read into a persons history for me to be able to get in her character to replicate an image of her.. below is a short video clip of her modelling/dancing..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrJjxlP0iYM

No comments:

Post a Comment