Thursday 13 March 2014

Tessa Bunney - Homework

I have been looking into various photographers books in detail - front cover, book name, colours, photographs, layout - for as much inspiration and ideas as I can to enable me to develop my own style.
Tessa Bunney recently come into university for a talk about Photography itself, so I found it quite interesting to look more into her book work.



I really like the front cover design - jazzy patten which is quite simple, yet effective as the reader has no clue as to what is inside the book - I like this idea its quite exciting. I also like the engraving of the title and her name into the book - I think it makes it more thoughtful and stand out in a delicate, subtle way.



Before a long introduction, the book shows a map of where the images inside the book have been taken - which is informative to the reader. To the right is the title and a short line saying where the photographs inside are taken- Therefore there is a written example and a image of what the book is going to be about before the reader has looked further in.



Her introduction is quite long, yet I feel it is vital to her book because it explains her story and her journey. This gives more of a sense of direction as well as giving the reader an insight into different peoples travels and work.



I feel her use of square format images fit greatly with the book shape itself, with the occasional rectangular photo. On some pages she has also wrote small sections to give the viewer more background information about the images she has taken herself - This makes the book more interesting as it has a story to it as well as just a visual journey on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment