Friday 14 March 2014

A Journey


For my front cover I was confident about the image I wanted to use - The reflection of myself in the sand, However, I was unsure about the colour of the background I wanted to use to fit with the picture for my front cover. I must have spent about an hour trying out different colours, and asking family members and friends which they thought looked more effective. I liked the violet cover above, although, I felt as if it was a distraction to the image I was using.
The front cover to me personally is important, because although were not meant to, some people judge a book by its cover and I wanted my viewer to be drawn to the book and make them want to look inside.


After experimenting with various colours I decided to go with a sandy yellow colour, which fits well with the photograph in the middle and makes it the main centre focus. I found more subtle colours worked better with the impression I was trying to create.
I chose a layout which made the image the centre focus, and also showed the viewer my reflection - Which is meant to be the demonstrating the beginning of my journey.


I stuck with the sandy yellow colour for the spine of the book, keeping the same colour flowing throughout - more professional as well as neat.

I used the image above as my full back cover, which is another reflection of myself (Which connotes my journey ending). I feel that the back cover didn't need any words, as the picture says more than what I wanted to actually say in words. My intention was for the viewer to start the book at the beginning of the journey ( few quotes) and then the middle of my journey-images of landscapes- and then finally the end of my journey- The reflection of myself at the end. I feel the yellow colour goes well with the colour of the book also.

No comments:

Post a Comment