Thursday 13 March 2014

Instagram Book Project


I have decided to use my Instagram photographs to make a book, not only because I use it daily but also because I think its a new way to display my images.

Above is a few of the hundreds of images I have printed out from my Instagram page, printing all of the photographs out has abled me to figure out which pictures I should and shouldn't use. Also I feel more confident after narrowing the images down, as I can now pair images which fit together better than others.


Instagram in 2014 is one of the most popular online photo sharing site, which allows people to upload and set filters to snapshots they take whether it be food, knitting or a beautiful scenery.
On my instagram I post mainly day to day shots of different settings and places I have visited, I would like to have my own book displaying my own daily life and sightings through my phone as it is very personal to me.
I also like how the app uses square format photographs, As i think it would be perfect for the layout I have in mind.

Below is some images of my mock book - Changes will probably be made during the process.



A mock book is a cheap and effective way to get a realistic idea of what my book will be like, I put together sheets of paper with binders to secure it. For my front cover I want a small square image at the top (And I feel it is effective that I have used the reflection of myself as the front cover, I think it fits well being the first step of my journey), and then a simple title and my name underneath.
For the actual book I will use a type writer simple type font although I am still unsure about the yellow background.


Inside I decided to use a quote I come up with, I think this will stimulate the viewer to experience the book more as if it's them on the journey themselves.




I printed out all of my instagram images and took the time pairing them, I wanted each page to have two images that in a way fit together - maybe because of shadowing, the use of black and white, or maybe just because the images were taken at the same place.
I would like the square images to be based at the top of the page rather than the centre, as I think its something slightly different to the norm.. I also think that the use of space below will allow the viewer to reflect and focus more upon the image above.

No comments:

Post a Comment