Thursday 13 March 2014

Redcar Trip - Ian Macdonald

Last week we visited Redcar for an inspirational talk with Ian Macdonald who is a Photographer himself. He spoke about his friend who had past away and showed us some of his paintings and drawings, which were inspiring in terms of how a photograph can relate AND not relate to photographs themselves, regarding a sense of space and shadows. Below are a few snapshots of his friend's artwork;















Ian Macdonald photographs images which reflects his passion for what he finds around him, some of his photographs may even be seen as metaphors celebrating life and the environment itself. We then went to his workshop in the Beacon, Redcar, I was really impressed firstly with the absolutely lush view of the sea (Which would be inspiring whilst working and creating work), and secondly by Ian Macdonalds' Book work. His attention to detail made me aware of the effort I will have to put into my own book, It is really important to make a mock version of the book or a few - To ensure the final copy will be exactly as you want it. Having a mock-up book also allows you to put your images in place and sort out were exactly you want things to be laid out.

Below are some images I am actually going to use in my Photobook which I took from the beautiful view from Ian Macdonald's work shop;












No comments:

Post a Comment