Wednesday 15 May 2013

Victoria Ivanova

I found Victoria Ivanova's still life work quite funny, to me the pears look as though they are having a conversation amongst 'eachother'. The way that the pears are positioned is very effective, leaning in towards the centre photograph of another pear; this makes the pears look as though they are all gathering in almost to have a conversation. I found it really interesting that Victoria Ivanova actually goes around a lot of fruit shops just to find the perfect pears for her still life shoots.
I also think that the black and white of the photograph makes it very dramatic, because instead of the photograph being in colour I think the viewer would be distracted by the colours of the fruit. Where as when the photograph is black and white you look more into whats actually happening in the photograph rather than being distracted by colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment