Wednesday 15 May 2013

Robert Dale Williams

I come across this still life painting above by Robert Dale Williams, which I thought was quite dramatic and effective. I like the way that the harp and viola are positioned, I also think the green background really goes well with the brown wood of the instruments which makes them stand out in a subtle way.
This painting has given me some inspiration towards my final still life print, mainly because I used to play the viola myself three years ago. I think the painting demonstrates a lot of emotions, when I look at the painting I can hear the harp and viola being played in my head. This is what I want to portray in my own final still life shot, I want my photograph to not only look effective but also demonstrate something that used to me a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment