Thursday 16 May 2013

FINAL STILL LIFE PRINT

This is my final still life print taken in the studio. I decided to take my photograph using a Canon 5D, I took the photograph using natural sunlight as I felt it emphasised the shadow going through the middle of the image. I set up the lights but I felt that the natural sunlight created a more dramatic effect. After experimenting with the instrument in different positions I felt this photograph portrayed the best composition. The black and white contrast really emphasises the instrument in comparison to the background - which is meant to be my main focus. The photograph is personal to me because I wish I still played this instrument, when I see people who can play this instrument professionally I feel inspired and let down that I gave it up three years ago. If I was to re-do my final print I would have sent it to be printed earlier than I did, so that I could have had time to realize my mistake before it was too late- as the outline of the viola is pixelated.
Overall I am satisfied with the outcome of my final still life print, because I have gained experience using the studio and also experimenting with natural light. I feel excited and a lot more confident about using the studio in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment