Wednesday 23 April 2014

CV writing

I was quite uncertain as to whether to state photography jobs on my CV which I haven't been paid for. But I suppose its a job even if it is only for experience and not the money. In the lecture about CV writing we discussed how a CV is a story of your life - My skills, knowledge, experience, aspirations and passions.
I struggle speaking about myself in a really positive light as I feel kind of big headed, but I suppose I must introduce myself to prospective employers/clients who I feel I would like to work for therefore I must pursue my strengths within the Photography Industry.



A CV is a marketing document- unlike other industries 
which employ personnel staff to filter job applications, 
your CV may arrive directly on the desk of the person 
with the authority to give you a job - this person will be 
very busy, your CV has only seconds to make an 
impression.
The BASE CV should include...
Education
schools, college, university, relevant training courses
Employment
relevant to your career 
Exhibitions
when and where? Was it solo? 
Publications
have you had any work published or have you been featured in publications 
Awards & Prizes
have you won or been nominated for any? Do you have qualifications gained outside formal education – say 
sports coaching badges or Arts Award
Other Experience
volunteering, Students Union, general experience where you have gained valuable experience but not in your 
chosen field (say team work in a sales environment) 

list any memberships to relevant professional bodies or trade associations

No comments:

Post a Comment