Wednesday 9 January 2013

Photographs

This photograph of my friend Harriet was taken during one of my first photo shoots using the Hasselblad camera. I now feel unhappy with the lighting I used, however, I felt satisfied with it at the time, probably mainly because I took the photograph successfully and I hadn't experienced using any lighting equipment and the Hasselblad camera itself prior. It was only after experiencing with the Hasselblad and lighting I realised I do not like the dark lighting; I feel it portrays a negative mood towards the image. However I do like the natural facial expression of the model.
Below is how I edited the image using Lightroom, in stages, however, I don't think this will be a possible image for my final shot as I want to change the lighting;

Increased exposure - instantly lift from the original shot, brightens up the portrait, making the subject look healthier and draws more attention to the subjects eyes.

Increased clarity - defining the models features.
Increased vibrance - Personally, I feel it gives a little more life to a portrait.



No comments:

Post a Comment