Thursday 17 January 2013

Old portrait photographs I have taken

I took this photograph of my friend Lauryn in New York. I really like the composition of the shot, however, I now see Portrait photography in a very different light; when I first started doing portraits, I felt as though the model has to look flawless and pose. Whereas now I think a portrait image is a photograph of the person in there natural state; capturing a shot of the person doing a natural expression and looking comfortable.

I took this I edited it on Photoshop, experimenting with lense flares and desaturation. Having already had a bit of experience with photoshop previous to this project; it has helped me using lightroom and different tools to get the effect I am looking for.

This portrait was for a project named 'fashion', as I hope you can tell by the pose and the expression of the model; however I do like the black and white as I feel it exaggerates the model from the grey background.

Out of these images I believe this is my favourite, mainly because of the model's expression looking very comfortable with the camera (probably because she's my sister) - this is why I have decided to use her as one of my two final model's for this project.

I don't really like this photograph - however I found experimenting with different cameras and lenses in the past has shown me how portraits are so different.

No comments:

Post a Comment