Thursday 15 November 2012

Walker Evans

Walker Evan's aims as a photographer was to make pictures that are literate, authoritative and transcending; By this I think he wanted his work to go beyond what anyone had done before, to exceed to his full potential and beyond. I borrowed a book from the library named "Masters of Photography aperture". The book talks about his life and how he had a 'reasoned artistic imagination; the text in the book was not written from his perspective, however, inspires me to be more thoughtful about taking photos as a whole.

I especially like this photograph, taken in 1929 named '42nd Street'. I like the woman's stern facial expression, totally unposed. I hope to portray some elements from Walker Evan's work, by taking my time and focusing on what will make the best photo I can take.

No comments:

Post a Comment