Thursday 15 November 2012

Leonard Freed

Most photographers in which I have looked at seem to have a connection; they are all interested in understanding the world through their own photography. If I had not did this brief I don't think I would start to feel this way about my photographs, thinking more into the photograph I like to imagine whats happened and who the people might be or what they have been doing that particular day before I took a photograph of them - Like what Bruce Gilden said about feeling close to the people in his images like they are his friends.
I also looked at a book called Black in White America, which looks deeply into the daily lives of African Americans during the civil rights era - which I was not completely knowledgeable about. I find his photographs real, moving, deep and some of them pure street.
Here is three shots I liked; however to be honest there was only a few of the Street Shots I wasn't too fussed about.
Leonard Freed - Black in White America

Leonard Freed - Black in White America

Leonard Freed - Black in White America

No comments:

Post a Comment