Monday 22 October 2012

My first prints

I think this one could be a potential final shot, I just like how the composition is unequal, and how the window I took the shot through is dirty; giving off different textures. Also theres a sense of movement to the photo with the man captured during mid-walking.

I like this shot because of the expression on his face, however, I don't think it would be suitable regarding the genre 'street'.

I was pleased with this print, particularly the shadows created, and the people casually stood at the bus stop. I like how when I look into the photo I look to the centre; at the empty street. The shot has quite a peaceful mood to it, with no one walking the streets, just waiting for their bus patiently. 

This shot I like because you can see the expressions on the people's faces, however, It looks too posed and not natural.

I think this shot is really cute, only because there is two old couple sat chilling on a bench in the sun, reflecting on their lives or maybe killing time, no one knows. I like how I took the shot through a railing, giving off a sense of being trapped; which is like getting old, there is no way of getting out of it.
The contrast is a little too dark as I think it reflects a negative mood to the shot.

Again, this shot is all about shadows and a sense of movement from the busy pace of Street Life, I don't  like how all of the people are walking away and you can't see faces. The image I think isn't very interesting, however, I like the lighting.

This photograph, is also maybe going to be one of my final prints. If I had to name this shot I'd name is "Bus stop faces", before I began this project I didn't take notice of people in the street as much, as I was always too busy doing my own thing. However, I think its fascinating going past bus stops and seeing peoples faces - normally miserable I have found; looking fatigued and bored.

This print has come out a too dark, and the top half too light. Needs re-printing, however I don't really like the shot anyway- except the females face.

Again, this shot looks too posed - as you can see the subject is sort of smiling, but I do like it, I like the dark contrast, I think it makes the image more deep and the figure stand out.

This shot- I like how the man was moving past the camera fast when I shot this, with the rest of the picture in focus. For me this photo (taken in York) portrays day-to-day street life and I am considering it for a final shot.
I took this whilst waiting to cross the road, noticing people stood waiting to cross I took a quick shot, the print has come out quite dark, and even darker from the scanner.

I don't really like this photograph. However, I like how the print turned out and the shadows of the bus and woman's figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment